It is always exciting when the first zucchini of the season appear. That initial joy occurred one month ago. We are still happy about the little flushes, but it pays to be vigilant. Turn your back, and the zucchini turn totally phallic. Large zucchini also sap the life out of the plants, slowing the fertility. It pays to pick often.
Tagliatelle con Zucchini e Acciughe- Tagliatelle with zucchini and anchovies.
Recipe ( for 2 )
- 200 g tagliatelle egg pasta
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely.
- chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper.
- fresh parmesan to serve
- Grate the zucchini on a box grater or with a grating disc on a food processor. Squeeze out the juice lightly.
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan, then add oil- around 2 or 3 tablespoons. Add the garlic and anchovies, heat and melt the anchovies, then add a sprinkling of chilli flakes to taste. Then add the grated zucchini, toss around well for a few minutes.
- Cook the tagliatelle nests in ample salted water. Drain, retaining a little moisture on the pasta. Add the pasta to the zucchini and toss around.
- Serve with torn basil leaves and grated parmigiana.